Country Stampede Volunteer Program
We will be accepting applications in January 2015. Please check back at that time.
Volunteers are needed to assist in a variety of areas of the Country Stampede --from VIP Hospitality to our Beverage stands. In exchange for your time and commitment, you will receive exclusive volunteer benefits as well as being a part of the team that puts on one of the biggest festivals in the country! If you're ready for a one-of-a-kind experience, read on and apply to join us at Tuttle Creek State Park in June!
- Free admission all four days of the event
- Exclusive premiere volunteer seating area
- One complimentary meal provided to all volunteers per each day of event
- Free commemorative Country Stampede t-shirt
- Free Parking
- Free Camping **only available to volunteers working a 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., or 8:00 p.m. to close festival shift. This will require a deposit of $150.00 and a 4-day commitment from the volunteer. Deposits will be returned following the commitment obligation. Limited available tents or pop up campers only at this time.
- All volunteers must work at least one shift each day of the event.(Shift options vary on volunteer team assignment)
- All volunteers must attend two mandatory orientation meetings held at Tuttle Creek State Park.
- Meeting Dates
- SATURDAY, JUNE 20th @ 11:00 A.M.
- WEDNESDAY, JUNE 24th @ 6:00 P.M.
- Help to make Country Stampede a fun, memorable experience for all who attend.
What should I wear?
- A Country Stampede uniform t-shirt (1) will be provided. Please wear appropriate jeans or shorts. Stampede shirts are to be worn only while on duty. Please bring along a change of clothing to wear while enjoying the festival.*** DO NOT ALTER YOUR T-SHIRT***
- Footwear: Closed toed shoes are preferred. Tennis shoes are recommended for comfort throughout the day. Keep in mind you will be on your feet during your shift. Rain boots are recommended for when it is rains.
- Expect the unexpected. Kansas weather is unpredictable. It may be hot, humid, windy, cool, rainy, or muddy. To make your experience more enjoyable, we recommend bringing sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and/or bug spray.
Where should I park?
- Employee parking will be located on the east side of the festival grounds.
- You will be provided with an employee parking pass for this area. Carpooling is recommended.
- Make yourself familiar with the location of Tuttle Creek State Park. The easiest way to the employee entrance is turn off HWY 24 on to K-13. This will take you over the dam. Take the first right across the dam. Take this road all the way down to the park entrance. You will see a sign for employee parking off to the left. Vehicles are NOT permitted to be left overnight. Vehicles are towed and subject to a towing fee.***DISPLAY YOUR PARKING TAG ON THE REARVIEW MIRROR***
- Alternate parking for inclement weather – In the event of rain or storms please listen to your radio. 94.5 as well as others will be announcing if this plan is implemented. Parking for this is located at the Bramlage Coliseum just off of Kimble Ave. There will be signs. They will bring you in buses running to and from Stampede grounds throughout the day. If this happens PLEASE plan to be at the parking area at least an hour prior to your shift (if not more).
Where do I check in?
- After you park make your way to the paved road and go west toward the festival. We have a tent just off the paved road, and the main office trailer is just behind the tent. Be prepared for slow traffic.
- Check in daily. You will receive a new band daily at check in, as well as a meal ticket. Locate your assigned area prior to your shift. You are expected to arrive at your booth/station 15 min prior to shift change. Check in booth closes at 8p.m. daily except on Thursday then it is 9pm. NO one will be checked in after closing.
What about meals?
- Meals are served in the employee meal area from 11 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. This area is located just down from the east gate entrance and before the VIP entrance. You will be provided a 30 minute meal break if you are working during meal times. If meal times are prior to your shift please eat before shift.
This is a 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. shift so eat lunch prior to your shift and after your shift. As your replacement arrives, you will be relieved by your team leader. 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. – you will need to eat prior to your shift. You will not have a meal break.
Will there be water available?
- Water is available for on-duty employees. This should be located at or close to your stationed area. We recommend investing in a Stampede mug. You will be allowed to bring your mug into the park. NO ALCOHOL is allowed through the gates. You will be asked to show what is in your cup/container.
Can I arrive prior to my work shift and where is the reserved seating area?
- Volunteer seating is located stage right just under the Jumbotron, 94.5 Country is next to our seating as well. This area is reserved for volunteers and just to the North of the paid VIP seating area. The area will have chairs just for the volunteers. There will be an attendant to check wrist bands (the volunteer wrist band will be required to sit in this area). No one will be permitted to sit in this area unless they volunteer that day. No children will be admitted.
No reserving seats while working.
- The attendant will remove any unattended items left behind in a chair for a long period of time. You may leave to go to restroom or concessions.
What if I a.m. unable to work?
- Please contact Kim ASAP. During the festival it would be best to send a text message (I a.m. unable to hear my phone). Please include your name with the message.
Where are Restrooms and Bathrooms located?
- Port-a-potty's are in the festival area. However, I recommend the park restrooms near the parking and beach area. The park's restrooms have flushing toilets, showers, and sinks. These are located a distance away from the festival. Plan accordingly before and after your shift.
- Campers will be allowed to check in with Gaylen Hansen located at the Volunteer Camping. You will check in daily and receive your wrist band and meal tickets. You must get a new wrist band daily and have a current wrist band to be authorized to be in the camping area.
- Check-in for campers will be between 8:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. After 11:30 a.m. you will need to check in at the main volunteer check in located at the east gate. Gaylen can be found either at his camper or the main camping entrance. You can either call (785) 761-5573 or text him for his exact location.